Tuesday 21 May 2013

Bloggers quilt festival

 I thought I'd like to take part in Amys quilt festival
so I've decided to enter my dappled days
flowering snowball quilt
into the two colour catagory
found here
 This is an English paper pieced quilt
which I appliqued onto the polka dot backing
and learnt how to free motion quilt for the first time.
 The main grey fabrics are from sweetwater 
and the backing was an old sheet.
 I would say it's almost a double quilt
though we have used it this winter on our kingsize bed.
 I had considered hand stitching with perle
but wanted to attempt some fmq...
I may well add to it one day
but for now I'm just enjoying the subtleties of  the restricted palette.

19 comments:

  1. This is a stunning quilt Clare- so beautiful in its simplicity and softness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all time favourite quilts, period. I love every last detail of it. So pleased you put it in the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. It's uncluttered and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous quilt...subtle and timeless. I am amazed that you used EPP to construct this quilt! It is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good! Free motion, so you just do your own thing, or do you try a follow a certain pattern? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Clare! This is so beautiful quilt! Colours and the pattern are so great and relaxing to watch! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely quilt! And it looks beautiful thrown over the bannisters like that :) Good luck in the festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this quilt is perfection in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love the layers of neutrals...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Love the different tones of the little bits of turquoise and the label is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. des couleurs tendances pour ce quilt très moderne superbe

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt is so cute. I love the dark polka dot border. The colors are so great and contemporary. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful! EPP for a king size is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the elegant simplicity of the quilt with some fun thrown in with the turquoise and polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is stunning! You took one of my favorite quilt patterns and gave it a fresh look. Fantastic job on the whole thing! And i love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated.
However you may find your comment doesnt appear,
dont worry its the thought that counts!
You can always find me on Instagram if you have any questions.
Clare x